Thursday, May 10, 2012

GAP YEAR 2012!

As many of you already know I have received 4 rejections for medicine which means I have two options now:
1. Study a "medical related degree" like biochem or biomed
2. Go on a gap year, re-apply and persue my dream to be a doctor!

I was surprised to hear from my rejection feedback that my interview was a success: The letter says that I scored the highest score possible in all three areas assessed at interview :) My UKCAT was what ultimately let me down (avg.640)....also my personal statement wasn't as strong as it could've been mainly due to lack of work experience.

Although I am extremely disappointed, I'm going to try to make the most of this gap year and do everything I possibly can to secure my place next year (hopefully at St Andrews!!)

Any suggestions are welcomed :)

No comments: